Sunday, May 9, 2010

Spring Time Fun

It has been a busy few weeks since I last blogged! I am going to try and be a lot better about this. My sis in law showed me a website that will print your blog into a book like a journal and I loved it so I am going to do my best to keep up and then print at the end of the year! I am so looking forward to it!

Anyways in the last few weeks Sawyer had his 4 month check up and everything went great. He got his shots and tolerated them well. No fever or anything. He was in the 95% for weight at 17lbs 2oz and 98% for height at 26 1/2 inches! He is a big boy with some chunky monkey cheeks and everybody loves it! He has started rolling over, "talking" more, and laughing. Bronner can make him laugh and it is so cute to watch them together. He is sitting in his bumbo and soon will be ready for his exersaucer. Bronner goes for his 18 month check up in a week or so and I am anxious to see where he falls. He has been gradually falling on the growth chart to a more normal weight/height but always in coordination with one another. I am guessing he will be about the 75%. He is growing like a little weed, has started running, minds well, and is really into being outside. We just bought him a little kiddy pool and tried it out this weekend at Neese's. Unfortunately he didn't love it. Maybe on a warmer day he will get into it! I hope he loves it so we can enjoy some outdoor time this summer! We have recently enjoyed trips to the zoo and the botanical gardens. Bronner loves the zoo and we hope to frequent there this summer! The gardens were gorgeous and we got some really cute pics!


We spent yesterday at Neese's for mother's day. Dyana and Jason were over and I got to see their u/s pics! I am so excited to find out if its a boy or girl! I'm pulling for a girl so I can get my bow and headband with the big flower fix! Although a boy would be fun too since he would be so close in age with our boys. Jeremy and Bronner braved the pool on Friday afternoon but Saturday it was to cold to get in. Maybe in a few more weeks it will warm up enough for us to enjoy some lazy Saturdays over there.
Today was Mother's day and it was great. It was our week to keep the nursery at church and then we went out to lunch. To the Mexican place we frequent almost every Sunday. Bronner and Jeremy then took at 2 hour nap and Sawyer and I played and nursed and napped a little too! It was great getting some one on one time with my baby. Jeremy and B then went to run some errands aka get mom a card :) while S and I enjoyed some time outside. We, really I, have started a straw bale garden. I read about the technique online and it looked easy and cheap so I gave it a try. You have to "prepare" your bales and then about 10 days later you plant. But supposedly you don't have weeds and such. We will see how it goes. I planted today and there are 2 tomato plants, 2 squash, 2 cantaloupes, a cucumber, some peppers, and a watermelon. I am so excited to see how it goes. I also know I have lived in AL to long because I have tomato plants planted in huge decorative pots by the front steps! But this is my reasoning 1. no one uses the front door 2. it gets the most sun and 3. who really cares if they taste good! I hope we get tons of tomatoes. I really would love to make some salsa to put up and maybe some marinara sauce. I know being adventurous but hey I have energy now that there is no baby in my belly!
This coming week is going to be a busy one. Mom and Dad are coming on Friday for Cait's graduation. I can't believe that she is graduating this weekend! I am excited for her and excited to see all the family that will be in town for the festivities! Well I promise more to come soon! I hope to blog weekly for myself more than anything. Really to journal our lives!

No comments: