Sunday, January 11, 2009

Starting Baby Wise

After much night time fussiness and Bronner not sleeping much or at all during the day I decided something had to be done. I mean he has to sleep sometime. Well last night Jerms and I went on a date night, thanks auntie cait for babysitting! Well we ended up at the bookstore and I was looking for a book about sleep training / helping ... anything really to get some sleep. Well I saw Babywise and picked it up. I had heard about it from many people but had always heard about the ridged scheduling that came with it and that was why I wasn't really interested from the beginning. Well we have been doing the eating schedule from day one but sleeping has been another story. I didn't want to be that mom that had to stay home to let her kid nap. I am a go person and wanted to continue to be able to do that. Well while Jeremy was off and about I read the first chapter and it was all about choosing how to use the book and being flexible. I decided to buy it and try it out and see how it worked for us. Nothing could hurt right! Well after a long long night be started this morning. He is doing good so far. Napping with only crying for the first 10 mins or so before putting himself to sleep. Yes he is going to the pack and play awake and putting himself to sleep!! Now tonight will be the true test! He went down at 1030 and slept till 11. He isn't supposed to eat again until 1200 ... I am giving him this late night feed to hopefully make a later morning instead of the other way around due to the way I will be going back to work. He has been whimpering / crying for 3ish mins every 6-7 mins since 11. Jerms nor I have looked at him or picked him up yet! We are struggling listening to him cry but so far so good! Hopefully after his 1145/1200 feed he will be asleep for the night. We are praying after a week or so he will be sleeping through the night ie 1200 to somewhere between 6-8am. So pray for our sanity over the next few days and I will keep you updated with our progress. Little B also goes to get his shots on Tues so pray it all goes well. This probably won't be the best baby wise day!

No comments: