I am so sorry to have stayed away from this for so long. But, here comes the excuse, we have been super busy around here. Well and I haven't been quite up to par. If you notice the title of this post you might be able to figure out why! If not follow along. Bronner was born November 10th 2008 as you all know so consequently his little nickname has been pumpkin pie or kumquat while in utero. Pumpkin pie stuck around though and I frequently find myself calling him that! Well now onto Candy cane! Yep you guessed it ... we are expecting in December! Well the official due date is Jan 5th, 2010 but we will be delivered by the New Year. When I found out, oh 5 weeks or so ago, I thought I was due in early December but I was a little off on my calculations!
So to answer the onslaught of questions right off the bat:
A: no this was not planned
B: yes we are super excited
C: yes I know many of you will think we are crazy for having babies 13 months apart
D: no we were not preventing this ... unless you count exclusively breastfeeding which obviously didn't work for us ... many times it does just not for me!
E: a little TMI but for those that are dying to know ... no I didn't have a period between Bronner and Candy Cane so that is why I thought I was farther along than I thought
F: yes I found out at approx 3 weeks and 4 days ... how I don't know ... I just had a flashback one day while puking and figured I might as well rule that out and go with the flu ... that is until the 2 pink lines popped up on that plastic stick
G: and finally yes we will be staying at out OWN house for Christmas and Candy Cane's bday in the years to come!!
So I hope yall now know why this blog hasn't been updated and are as excited as we are! If you think we are crazy feel free to have your opinions but please don't tell me! I already know how much work, stress and joy this is going to entail! We are hoping and praying for a smooth and health pregnancy. Hopefully avoiding cholestatsis but knowing that there is a real possibility it could happen again. Praying for a happy and healthy baby and thinking blue!!
In a little Bronner news he is giving kisses, eating and loving it, and continues to work on sitting for a long period of time. He would much rather be standing up that sitting down. He is not interested in being on his belly so we haven't figured out the crawling thing yet but we will get there! He is getting so big and we can't wait for summer for trips to the pool and the beach!
7 years ago


3 comments:
Congrats Nina!! No, you are NOT crazy...every child is a blessing that God gives us. A friend of mine has boys 11 months apart and would not trade it for the world. And my brother's three kids are all very close in age and they are SUPER close to each other! People thought we were crazy for having a baby so soon after getting married. But the way I look at it, you won't know any different! So congrats and I'll be praying for a smooth pregnancy!!!
Wow! So exciting :) Looks like I'll be making another Christmas time trip through Alabama to meet baby McKee #2. Wahoo! When do you find out what if it is a boy or girl?
So exciting! (I went to HS with Jeremy if you're confused by who I am- I found your blog through Facebook back when you were pg with Bronner) But seriously! Exciting to be expecting another one, two is twice the work but definitely twice the fun :)
Post a Comment