Sunday, August 23, 2009

A Summer Full of Learning and Fun!

We are officially in week 20 of candy cane's pregnancy!! He is getting big and finally moving around where I can feel it. I have what is called an anterior placenta ... just meaning the placenta implanted on the front side of my uterus between the outside and him ... so it takes awhile longer to feel them move since they have to kick hard enough to be felt beyond the padding! I have been super sick with this pregnancy and was on a reglan pump for 5 weeks and then a zofran pump for 5 weeks. Neither of which I would recommend to anyone but finally at 19 weeks and 6 days it is finally gone! Now that I am finally eating (and keeping it down) maybe I will gain some weight. Not that I'm complaining about the lack of weight gain but you know cute little baby bumps don't come without some cost! So anyways if you don't follow me on facebook ... we found out on Aug 11th that candy cane is another boy! We are still name looking and yes it will probably be awhile. Jeremy and I can't agree on anything. Last time we both had names we liked ... didn't agree and then Jerms mentioned Bronner and we both love it. Hopefully something similar will happen this time. I LOVE the name Aeden/Aiden but Jeremy hates it. He can't come up with anything though so I just keep calling him Aiden/Aeden and maybe he will change his mind! We are hoping little candy cane will come out on his own but if not are thinking he will be evicted shortly after Christmas or right before the New Year. Yes I complain about the week between the two are work being so super busy but I will be evicting this child for my tax credit!! (And he will be 39 weeks and ready to come out!) On work stories I have done two water births lately and have really really enjoyed both experiences. Not that I am saying I will be birthing this child in a tub but I have been considering it. My doctor doesn't "do" them but said I could if I wanted to. I mean I am a water birth educator and all! Who knows. Only time will tell and if I induce this labor that won't be an option anyways. Next up is my sugar ... which means I am almost viable! 3 weeks and counting!

In Bronner news ... he is getting so BIG! Last week was our 9 month well baby visit. He is officially 20lbs and 1 oz and 28.5 inches long. He is going to be tall. I guess he really didn't have much of an option in this department though! He is sitting and pulling up and taking steps when holding on to things. He will be "cruising" in the next week or two I'm sure as he is already starting to try. He has definitely skipped the whole crawling process. I was worried about it at first but the ped said some just do that. He is otherwise right on target. He is eating solids and trying to learn to use a sippy! We are hoping to have him off the bottle by his bday since candy cane will need them! No teeth yet but are looking to get some anytime. He has been "teething" for what seems like forever. Running temps off and on and chewing and drooling on anything in sight. We have take lots of trips this summer to Jeremy's mom and dad's to swim and he LOVES it. (Well many of the trips were without me due to puking but you know!) We have been to the beach and my mom has come to visit. All in all we have had a great summer and are enjoying our ever growing family!



1 comment:

Michelle said...

yay a new post with new pics! omg i can't believe how much bronner has grown...a little man :) and i do believe that cute cookie onesie in the pic came from me hehe :) maybe i'll have some time to come visit after baby #2 is born!