Friday, October 9, 2009

Eventful week 26 and Bronner's Bday Photo Shoot!

Week 26 of Candy Cane's pregnancy (who really needs a name by the way!) was very eventful! On Thursday night I was admitted to L/D for gallstones and had great care by my wonderful friends! I was hurting so bad and just kept telling myself that if I could do this I could labor naturally. I mean it hurt worse than any ctx that I have ever felt and you didn't get any break. Now I am sure that at the end the delivery part would hurt worse but it only lasts minutes. This lasted about an hour before I finally got some pain meds and some relief. I was discharged Friday morning with a follow up with the surgeon on Monday. Well Sunday night I started hurting again and back to the hospital we went. Thankfully this wasn't as bad although the pain med did not work as effectively and I had to have 2 doses to get some relief. Monday morning I had surgery to removed my gallbladder and thankfully all went well! I did have some significant ctxs all night Monday night and ended up getting multiple meds for that but once they eased up I was feeling so much better. Turning 27 weeks on Tuesday and getting to come home from the hospital will hopefully lead to a better end of the pregnancy. Thankfully my Mom was here to help with Bronner and will probably be staying through the middle of the week. Hopefully I will be going back to work on Monday and saving my time off for when Candy Cane comes home!

While home and recovering I did a little photo shoot of Bronner for his birthday invites! Here are some of the pics!



3 comments:

Michelle said...

Glad you're feeling better! Good luck picking a name...maybe John after your dad? I think that 2nd pic of Bronner is too cute! I still can't believe what a little boy he is--not much of a baby anymore!

Lisa said...

Yikes...glad everything went smoothly and you are feeling better! The pictures of Bronner are extremely cute!

Abby Warren said...

He is sooooo stinkin cute. If you ever need a break, you know where to send him!!!