So its been awhile since I have blogged and I really wanted to do it every week. It just seems like life is flying bye and this gets pushed to the back burner. So anyways to catch up since last time!
At the end of November we celebrated Thanksgiving with family and friends. We had tons of fun with Brody and enjoyed eating a little to much! Bronner and Sawyer are getting bigger everyday and it is hard to believe that they will both be running and playing next year. My mom ended up staying with us for thanksgiving and keeping B home from daycare since he had been sick. He had pneumonia for almost 4 weeks. We did different abx treatments with different combinations and finally he was well in the beginning of December. Well after being well for about 10 days Sawyer got a cold/virus and then B came down with it. He couldn't seem to shake and spiked a 103 temp. Back to the ped we went and he was diagnosed with *probable childhood asthma*. He was put on Singulair at bedtime and it has made a tremendous difference! It took about 3 full weeks to notice any difference but now that I have he is so much better! Hoping we can stay virus and fever free!
Besides fighting colds in December we had lots of Christmas parties and birthday things going on. S turned 1! I can't believe that my littlest man is one! We had a party at the house with just a few family members and celebrated his life. He is such a special little guy and I am so blessed to be his mom. We had to delay his 1 year check up until 1/7/11 because of it falling in the holiday weeks. They were only seeing sick kids at the time. So when we finally went he was 25 lbs 9oz and 31 inches long. He is in the 90% for height and 80% for weight. He has started walking alot more and in the last week or so has almost completely starting walking over crawling. Thankfully he took after B and cruised until he was confident so we haven't had many spills! No black eyes yet either unlike his brother's first bday! S is now saying cup, mama, dada, eat, poppop, side, and will mimic a few other things. He has 8 teeth and the cutest little smile! He is finally starting to get some hair and much like his brother I assume it will starting coming in good now! He is in 18mo clothes and hopefully will slim up some so he can stay in them for the summer so I don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe! He loves to eat though so we will see!
The boys fair ed well at Christmas to say the least! They got way way way to much stuff. The big hits have been baby Thomas trains, the tent, the buzz walking toy S got for his bday, and all of the little people truck/airplanes/buses. Our house truly looks like the toddler boy aisle of TRU! Mom and dad are re landscaping the front of the house for J and I so I will have to post pictures when they are finished. It is taking way longer than planned due to snow but that another story in itself. We got to see little Brody again for Christmas but unfortunately I was sick and didn't get to hold him much! We need to live closer to that little man. He is so stinkin cute and tiny!
For New Years we spent the evening with Js family and played games and hung out. It was a blast and thankfully I was on the mend for the supposed "24 hour bug" that really lasted 4 days. J attempted to make a pineapple martini like they have a Firebird and it was great but not as good as theirs. If he would only follow the directions and let it sit for 21 days before he got into it I bet it could compete!
The first full weekend in January I had to work and it was predicted to snow. Well the snow ended up coming in on Sunday night and I was stuck at work. The day girls had to come in and we had to stay. We were stuck until Wednesday morning. Technically I could have gone home on Tuesday afternoon but I had already switched around thinking I would be stuck there so I just worked it. It was miserable and I am so glad it is over but we did try and make the best of it. I helped delivery 3 1/11/11 babies even though I was so excited not to be scheduled that day! We got about and 1-1.5 of ice. No snow at work just plain old sleet and ice and I guess since it didn't get above freezing until Tuesday that is why we didn't get to leave. I am just so glad that it's over and I have had a nice long break from that place. I love my job don't get me wrong but even though it is happy and joyous it is still a job and I am still away from my kiddos and sometimes I just don't want to go. Ok I take that back most of the time I just don't want to go. I would rather stay home with my babies but that doesn't look like it is going to be happening anytime soon so I am just going to try and get over it!
Moving on! I got a new monogramming program for Christmas that I am so excited about! I have used it once and I can't wait to use it some more. I hope to make a little side money in the months to come but every time I sit down to sew I am so tired I would rather just go to bed. Hopefully as the boys get a little older and are able to entertain themselves there will be more time for things like that! I am also on a weight loss journey. Officially started on 1/3/11 and am losing. 1st goal will hopefully be met by my birthday weekend and then my official goal by June when we have a condo booked at the beach. We have some trips coming up soon! Jeremy is taking me to Gatlinburg for my bday and I am so excited!! We haven't ever left our kids overnight except B twice while I was in the hospital with my gallbladder and once when I delivered S. I don't know that I am really ready to do it but I know that they will be fine. Many of our friends and family leave their kids all the time and at a lot younger ages than our but it still makes me nervous to be so far away. I know they will be ok but I guess I am just not used to the idea of someone actually wanting to keep them or me allowing someone to do something for me. Something I seriously need to get over! But anyways I am excited to have some time with just J and SLEEP! I am so excited to sleep and sleep some more. Hopefully I won't waste the whole time sleeping but if I do it will be so worth it. The sauna and hot tub will get some use too I'm sure as they are two of my favs! Maybe I'll even treat myself to a massage. I mean we didn't go anywhere for our 5 year anniversary because I didn't want to leave the kids. I deserve it right ;)! We also have book a trip with Js family to the beach this summer. Brody will be 9 mos of so, B 2.5 and S 18mos. I can't wait to see all the boys at the pool/lazy river and at the beach. We are going to have a blast! Mom has also booked a condo for the week of July 4th and hopefully we can get down there then too. Anyways enough for tonight. The boys are growing and growing! Hopefully pics soon to follow!
7 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment