Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Wise Day 2

So day 1 went well! He only cried a max of 8-10 mins with nap times and slept well with all of them! He did sleep last night until 430 which is our normal time to feed so I didn't immediately get him and within 5 mins he was back to sleep. At 545 he woke up again and ate well! He then slept until 810!! He didn't eat great and woke up from this cycles nap early and then ate great! His naps have been b/t 1.5 to 2 hours today just like the book says! He has not cried with the past 2 naps and is now laying in his bed looking around and hopefully will fall asleep shortly without crying. The hard part is to keep him awake after feedings since he is used to going to sleep. Hopefully this will get easier. Pray tonight is a little better than last and we are headed on the right path. His little cry sounds hoarse from all the crying but hopefully that will get better shortly. If that is all that happens in the process and we end up with a schedule and a happy baby then I think I can live with a mild sore throat! Pray for my sanity too ... it is hard listening to your child cry knowing that if you pick them up they will be comforted but I am doing good so far! Tomorrow is the big shot day. Unfortunately it is at the end of a nap so what I am thinking is putting him down in his car seat at home. Then while napping ... since he loves the car seat ... go to the doc office, do the appt, then nurse in the car. I might take a bottle too just in case.
Any other suggestions appreciated!!
Thanks for your prayers! Love yall!

2 comments:

Dyana said...

I pray things continue to get better. Hope tomorrow goes well, I will keep YOU in my prayers, Don't worry he will do fine. Aunt Dynana wishes she could be there. Love y'all

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! I know that it is hard right now and I will definitely pray for you and Bronner. I promise that it does get easier. Baby Wise worked great for Karsyn after getting past the first few days of crying. Week 9 was THE WEEK for us!