Friday, October 24, 2008

Appt News

So just a quick update as I promised! I went to the doctor yesterday and everything is going great. Of course I am still itching so I got some more steroids and they seem to be helping. She offered to induce me at 37 weeks if I wanted and my cervix was cooperating but I really wanted to wait until 38 and she agreed that is what she would prefer as well. We talked about the bile acid levels and since research proves that there is no fetal harm until they are 3 times the normal amount (about 75ish) we would wait and see what mine came back as. Of course if they come back on the high side we will induce at 37 weeks, which would be November 3rd. Hopefully they will come back still elevated but only minimally and we can wait until November 10th at 38 weeks! I am praying that we can wait especially since it is a boy and they develop slower. This was all depending on my cervical check since of course we both didn't want to induce with a crappy cervix! Well she checked me and said "You would call yourself 2.5cm and 70% effaced". It is a long time joke between her and some of her labor and delivery nurses that use her as a doctor that she checks on the very generous side! Which is encouraging to the patient but really funny when they come in and say she called me 4cm and they are really like 2.5! So she would probably have normally called me some where in the 3cm range but we are going with the true nurse exam at 2.5cm! Still at 35 weeks that has some promise too it! Hopefully they contractions that I have will continue to do something. Now I would love to labor spontaneously but she said the chances are slim but we will see! My next appt is on Wed and hopefully we will have more cervical change and my labs will be back! We are planning on hanging out around the house for the weekend, making some chili!, watching the alabama game, and I am going to try to get into the nesting/cleaning mode so our house will be clean for all the people that will be visiting soon! Hopefully 2 weeks and our little miracle will be here! Thanks for checking on us!

No comments: