Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week 35

We had a great weekend! Jerms mom, dad, brother, and sister came over for the day yesterday and hung out with us. The boys went to a gun show and then came home in time to watch the alabama game ... yep they won (barely) again and are now 7-0!! Us girls went the Trade Days at the park down the road and had so much fun. It was a beautiful day to be outside and enjoy the crafty sales! Dyana we sure missed you! We came home and cooked out and finished the game. And added bonus my sweet mother in law weeded my flower bed during the game and it looks great! My mum is blooming and you can actually see it now! YAY!!! We went to church this morning and of course enjoyed our weekly mexican afterwards. We also got around to the Carter's outlet and returned some duplicate items we had received and have a $50 credit! It has been a great weekend after a little bit of a stressful week!


So Week 34 was a little eventful with learning that I actually do have cholestasis and learning about a rare complication of pregnancy. If your interested an easy to read and understand website is itchymoms.com. It explains it way better than I ever could. I finally got my lab results back on friday night ... well only after I called the lab myself and got them. It helps to work at a hospital where you can just say "hey this is so and so and I need these lab results on a patient please!" A little fib never hurt anyone right! Well I haven't talked to my doctor about them yet nor do I even know if she knows what they are. They were a little elevated. Normal bile salt levels are 4-24 and mine were 30. At almost a week later and with the potential of doubling very quickly, I am praying and will ask that she redraw them this week. I am taking meds to keep the rate of them increasing down and hopefully it is helping. The itching is about the same which leads me to believe that the med is working. So we will see. I am not scheduled to go back to the office until Thurs but surely they will call me the results on Monday since they don't know that I have them already and I will be able to talk to her nurse. So just pray that 1. they aren't increasing to fast and 2. my doctor will want to get the labs redrawn so I don't have to beg for them to be (even though I know she would do whatever I wanted her too). We will probably decide a delivery date on Thurs at my appointment which is looking like November 3. I will be 37 weeks and some change and all literature that I have read doesn't recommend going much farther than that. I have also had some steroids to help the itching which will also help develop his lungs a little faster. Now if you remember a few posts back I am really anti-induction but God has a way of laughing at our plans now doesn't He! I really don't have an option so maybe next time I will have a complication free pregnancy and can spontaneously labor but unless Bronner decides to make an even earlier appearance it doesn't look like that will be happening. Hopefully this week will be a little less complicated!! Thurs should be fun as I will have my first routine cervical check ... I'm thinking I will be 2ish and my group beta strep test done. So I will update more after that! Thanks for checking on us!

1 comment:

Ashley Perrigin said...

Hey Nina, how are you guys doing, I know you two are so excited about Bronners arrival. I am so glad I found your blog, I have one myself www.theperrigins.blogspot.com. I hope the rest of your pregnancy is great, Good Luck!!