Sunday, October 12, 2008

Our night out!

So Friday night we went out for our anniversary! We had so much fun on what could potentially be our last date night before becoming parents. Kinda scary! We went to Macaroni Grill which was great as always and then walked around the Summit for awhile since I was so full I didn't think I could sit all the way home. Well, while walking around we decided to go to Babies R Us and pick up the car seat since we had time! I can't wait to see Bronner in it! It truly was a blessing just to spent time together and prepare for our growing family!

On to baby Bronner news, I have been itching since Thursday, which most wouldn't worry about but it is so annoying. There is also a complication of pregnancy having to do with elevated bile salts and your gallbladder that is really rare but the only symptom is all over body itching. Well Thursday I didn't think much about it but Friday as we were driving to Babies R Us I decided to call work and see what they thought! What was weird though is that only my hands and feet were itching at that point. So it happened that my doctor was on call this weekend and happened to be in L&D delivering a baby. So a friend talked to her after she got finished ... yeah I wasn't going to bother her about some mindless itching at 8pm on a Friday night when there was absolutely nothing she was going to do about it anyways. So onto the story we decided that it probably was an allergic reaction to something and to use some cortisone cream and benadryl and if it didn't get better by Monday to come in an we would draw bile salt and liver function tests just to rule out cholestasis of pregnancy. Well on to Saturday and Sunday ... I am itching all over my body like crazy. It is hard to sleep because as I lay there all I think about it how bad I want to scratch this or that! So, I guess I will be calling in the morning so I can move my appt from Wed to tomorrow. Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing. You can look up cholestasis of pregnancy if you are interested but the main thing that makes me upset is induction at 37-38 weeks for safety of the baby. NOT that I am saying induction for safety of the baby isn't great and wonderful and I am so glad that we have modern medicine for this reason but I just really didn't want to go that route. We will see what happens tomorrow. (I will update more when I know something but sometimes it takes a few days to get lab results back.) Just pray that first and foremost Bronner will continue to be a happy healthy baby and the delivery ... whatever the time frame ... will be a wonderful experience!

No comments: